NEWS & UPDATES
· This week, the Richfield Fire Department Firefighter Jacob Savage helped instruct the 2021 Sevier County EMT-B Class on extrication and traffic accident scene safety. Our firefighters are constantly working to educate our citizens and keep our area safe.
· Sevier County Economic Development is offering FREE training for small businesses, start-ups, and entrepreneurs on April 28th at 6:30 pm. Dinner provided. Learn more: https://www.facebook.com/seviercountyutah/
· Utah’s coronavirus percentage rate continues to climb. On Sunday alone, there were 281 new diagnosed cases, two more deaths, and 7.5K more vaccinations. https://www.sltrib.com/news/2021/04/25/utahs-coronavirus/
– The Central Utah Public Health Department, on Westview Drive on the north side of Richfield, is holding a free COVID-19 vaccine clinic on Monday, May 3, from 5 to 7 pm. Get more info at https://www.facebook.com/Central-Utah-Public-Health-Department-CUPHD-198396823523542/
· Wondering what the Sevier County Commission is up to? Find their agendas, along with local city councils, at https://www.facebook.com/richfield.blog/
· If you missed the Spring Concert on April 22 at SVC — featuring Madeline Collins, Sevier Valley Symphony, Great Beginnings String Group, and the Sevier Children’s Choir — you can watch and listen to their concert free at https://www.facebook.com/seviervalleycenter/videos/515566649651869
· Larsen’s Ace Hardware in Richfield has a new shipment of trees, shrubs, and perennials to plant in your yard. More: https://www.facebook.com/mrslarsenace/
· Squirtin Dirt Power Washing in Richfield reports their schedule for cleaning headstones before Memorial Day is filling up fast. For contact info, visit https://www.facebook.com/squirtindirtpowerwashing/ or http://utahtopia.com/powerwash/.
· Athenian eAcademy of Richfield, a free, high-quality public charter school, is open for enrollment, although their classes are filling up. Learn more: https://www.facebook.com/seviercountycharterschool/posts/2090585857747923 or http://aea.rocks/.
· The Richfield City Swimming Pool is offering sign-ups for Swimming lessons in May. Get the details at https://www.facebook.com/richfieldcityswimmingpool/
· This week, Richfield’s Huish Reel Theatre is showing “Godzilla vs Kong,” Disney’s “Raya and the Last Dragon,” and the new “Mortal Kombat.”
SEVIER VALLEY DINING
· The Bakery of Eden is offering delicious delights each weekend with her “Weekly Cookie Cravings!” This coming week will be “Twix” cookies, chocolate chip, and frosted soft sugar cookies. They are amazingly good. Check out her cookies and cakes for birthdays and weddings at https://www.facebook.com/TheBakeryofEden or https://www.instagram.com/thebakeryofeden/.
· Construction of the upcoming Fiiz Drinks location is well underway, in front of Ace Hardware, next to the new car wash on Main Street. Check out their menu here: https://www.fiizdrinks.com/new-menu/
· Bowlify SuperFoods, coming May 8, asked the locals about what we’d like their future hours to be? Check out their menu here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/seviervalleydining/permalink/3890225164394843/
· Big Daddy’s BBQ, Catering, and Food Truck is offering their pickup and delivery meals for this week, available on Thursday. Choose from Shepherds pie, Rosemary Sheet pan Chicken Thighs, or Smoked Parmesan-crusted pork loin. The sides sound delicious, too! Learn more: https://www.facebook.com/bigdaddysdeli/posts/3923799337668212
· Utah’s Trail Country visited Ideal Dairy and Monrovian Park this past week… Where will they visit next? https://www.facebook.com/utahtrailcountry
SEVIER VALLEY JOBS
· Are local wages going up? Recently, a city councilman noted that it was impossible to get by here on only $12 per hour. On our local jobs group, at https://www.facebook.com/groups/seviervalleyjobs/, we learned that Walmart is offering positions that start at $15.50 per hour.
· Recent local job listings include Security Officer, Medical Assistant, Customer Service Representative, Richfield City Police Officer, and USU Extension Create Better Health program is hiring an Ambassador in Sevier County (20 hours per week). Check out all the latest listings at https://www.facebook.com/groups/seviervalleyjobs.
SEVIER VALLEY HOMES
· This week, Sandra Udy at Coldwell Banker, offered a unique business opportunity — the world-famous Cowboy Corral in Elsinore! The owners are looking to retire. Learn more at https://www.facebook.com/groups/seviervalleyhomes/permalink/3875666902519929/
· Wondering what’s happening in our local real estate market? Find out for yourself at https://www.facebook.com/groups/seviervalleyhomes/
SPORTS & OUTDOORS
· This week’s weather looks like highs in the 50s and 60s, with lows around freezing, until the weekend when it will reach the eighties on Friday and Saturday. What plans for outdoor fun (or yard work) are you making?
· This week’s local sports:
– Baseball & Softball: Emery at Richfield, April 27, 3:30 pm
– Baseball: Millard at North Sevier, April 27, 3:30 pm
– Softball: North Sevier at Gunnison Valley, April 27, 3:30 pm
– Boys Soccer: Carbon at South Sevier, April 27, 4:00 pm
– Baseball: North Sevier at Emery, April 28, 3:30 pm
– Baseball: Milford at North Sevier, April 29, 3:30 pm
– Softball: North Sevier at Beaver, April 29, 3:30 pm
– Softball: Richfield at Delta, April 29, 3:30 pm
– Baseball: South Sevier at San Juan, April 30, 2:00 pm
– Baseball: South Sevier at San Juan, April 30, 4:00 pm
– Baseball: Richfield at Emery, April 30, 3:30 pm
– Softball: South Sevier at Beaver, April 30, 3:30 pm
– Softball: Richfield at Millard, April 30, 3:30 pm
– Track & Field: Old Capital Invitational 21 at Millard, April 30, 2:00 pm. Includes: North Sevier, Richfield, South Sevier
RICHFIELD NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH
· The Sevier County Sheriffs want to remind you, each night, to remove valuables and keys from your cars and lock your doors: https://www.facebook.com/SCSO.UT/posts/2541279319329020
· Basic Naloxone Training: Online video training for community members to learn how to use a free Naloxone Rescue Kit to rescue someone from an opioid overdose. Entirely confidential. Visit: https://www.facebook.com/UtahNaloxone/posts/1639340442934298
· Lost or found a pet? The Sevier County Animal Shelter reminded us this week to contact them if we’re having problems with animals: https://www.facebook.com/sevieranimalshelter
· Reminder: If you are pulled over by the police, turn your blinker on immediately, and pull over ASAP where it’s safe to do so and, if at night, well-lit, whenever possible. Turn on your interior lights. Turn off the radio. Get your license and registration ready and, if you need to reach for something when the officer is there, ask if it’s okay, first. Have everyone keep their hands open and where the officer can see them (e.g., on your steering wheel or dashboard), and make no sudden movements. Answer questions directly, clearly, and respectfully. Follow any directions the officer gives to you. More tips at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/richfieldneighborhoodwatch/